Thursday, November 24, 2011

Book of Caverns - S/T

Book of Caverns - S/T
Bart Records




It's been years since I've heard music of this composure that I can respectively call emo. From what I've only recently been clueing in to, Edmonton has been developing quite the revival of emotionally exploratory hardcore and punk known to some as either emo, screamo, or its upgraded term 'skramz', and Book of Caverns is a refreshing definition of what this type of music is all about. From the soft and sombre intros to the crescendos of agony and despair, each song is an ardently moving sway of sympathies that I suspect is amplified tremendously during a live show.

As a long time fan of this genre, I admit my biased enthusiasm, but if you're interested in any comparisons I would guess at influences from bands like Sleepytime Trio, Appleseed Cast, Ativin and possibly early Poison the Well.

BANDCAMP | FACEBOOK | MYSPACE

No comments:

Post a Comment