Thursday, December 1, 2011

Kunt Puncher - Take Drugs and Eat A Kebab

Kunt Puncher - Take Drugs and Eat A Kebab
Grindcore Karaoke


Featuring ex and current members of My War, River Freshney, Dripback, Yes My Ninjas?, Nebukadnezza, & Damnas. Kunt Puncher Are a four piece experimental cyber-grind group from London, England.

Another outstanding release from Grindcore Karaoke Kunt Puncher blew me away all through their six song, nine minute debut release. Opening with a dreamscape of soothing sounds and narration describing the band's intent of mind control, these themes repeat throughout the record, at times ethereal, but mostly just brutal. I feel like this is the grind band that Douglas Adams could've been a part of in another dimension somewhere.

The wry, and extremely cacophonous use of television and film dialogue, the synaptic mash of it all; it's really what makes this record so good. I find it hard to focus on any one sound for more than a few seconds. This is musical ADHD in cyber-grind form.

I would recommend this to fans of Two Dead Sluts One Good Fuck, or The Penguin Collector. I give this album a rating of "A Bruce Lee side kick in the throat" (trust me, that's a good thing).

Bandcamp | Website | Label


No comments:

Post a Comment